A non-technical introduction to the new superfast/fibre-optic broadband in Sidmouth.
Superfast broadband has now become available in Sidmouth and other areas in East Devon. The Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce has arranged for a talk about this new technology and its benefits. The event is open to non-chamber members.
Aptly titled “Let there be Light”, the talk is a non-technical introduction to the new superfast/fibre-optic broadband in Sidmouth. The presentation is vendor neutral and not a sales presentation. The following topics will be addressed:
- What is superfast/fibre-optic broadband?
- What’s in it for me – Why do I need it?
- Is this the super-hyper-galactic-sonic speed all the politicians talk about?
- When is it really, really, I mean REALLY coming to Sidmouth?
- Does everybody get it, do we have to buy it and where can I sign up for it?
- Will they dig up my driveway for the fibre-glass cable?
- Getting caught in the footnotes – How to avoid costly mistakes.
- Can I have it for my remote farmhouse?
- Is my computer fast enough and do I need a new router?
- Is BT the only supplier of this, they do own the network or don’t they?
- Can I continue to use my existing telephones?
- Ample time for all your questions
Thursday 12th September, 5.45pm for 6pm. At Blinis Cafe Bar.
Tickets £5 per person. Ticket price includes a glass of wine.